Question:
my mom works alot at home??????/ how can i help her????
2007-06-10 22:50:02 UTC
ok well my mom is a stay at home mom...and she does so much work ..how can i help her???? well she does alot of cooking and i uaually go to skool early in the morning so i dont have to time to make my bed or anything...so shes usually makes food, cleans the kitchen, and then goes and cleans mine and my sisters rooms..usually on the weekends i try to help out as much as i can! so is there anyways that i can help her like anything easy that i can do during school days or something? im only 14 btw.......also i hate to see my mom work so much and me just sit there and wathc TV..or go on the computer!
Seventeen answers:
LadyCatherine
2007-06-10 22:58:45 UTC
As a mom I will tell that you can never get up too early to make your own bed and/or keep your room clean.

If you hate seeing your mom work so much as you watch tv then DON"T watch tv, get up and help her. Do not ask her want she needs done, just find something to do.. !!

Make sure the dishes are done and put away. Take the trash out. Clean the kitchen. Make sure your room is clean or at least picked up. Clean the bathroom, Pick up the living room. Sort and do the laundry, don't forget to fold it and put it away.

The one thing you can ask her is what you can do to help start with dinner.. Do not ask what you are having, ask what you can do to help with dinner.
dani113077
2007-06-10 23:26:47 UTC
This is a great thing for you to do!

1. Before you go to bed straighten your room. You can even set a timer for 15 minutes and just clean in that amount of time. You will be so surprised by how much you get done. That will have your room clean for the next day and your mom wont have to do it.

2. Do your own laundry. If you do not know how ask your mom to show you how to do it.

3. Ask if you can help with dinner. Explain to her that you are 14 and in only 4 more years will be leaving for college. You need to learn how to cook.

4. Wash the dishes after dinner-help put away the food.

5. Make your bed in the morning. I know you don't think you have the time, but it only takes 5 minutes-maybe less. Set a timer and see how long it takes you. You will probably be surprised.

6. Ask if there is anything she needs help with. Maybe a job she hates doing, and you could do it instead. (Mine is taking out the trash)

You really do need to learn how to cook and do your own laundry. You are 14 and soon will be leaving home. Tell your mom you are trying to learn these life skills. They will come in handy someday.
2007-06-11 06:57:00 UTC
Hi! Well, my mom is a stay at home mom AND she works from home. So I can see where you're coming from. There are so many simple, small ways you can help your mom, and it's so sweet of you to think of her, that's very thoughtful =) Well done hun =]

Firstly, you can let her know you will clean your room. Take 5 minutes before you go to bed to just tidy some stuff and that way you take that off your mom's back. And on the weekend, you can clean your room. (mop/sweep whatever).

You can make your own school snack or a small meal of the day. Organise your time, and set apart just some time (like 1/2 hour) to do something in the kitchen for your mom, whether it's putting the shopping away or setting the table, washing the dishes etc. I can assure you that's a great relief - like someone offering to write an school assignment for you - Woo hoo yeah? :)

Wake up a teeny bit earlier to make your bed. Technically, it takes 2 min. to make your bed - can you give up that much for your mom?

And then of course the simple things, that perhaps annoy her, like you fighting with a sibling, leaving the TV on when you're not there, or I dunno what the rules are at your home, just try to reduce them. It will make your mom feel better, and less tired. Try to listen to her, and don't give her a hard time. Narrow your 'wants' to your 'needs' (as much as possible, of course). And take it easy, you're only a child. And if you see her taking a break, and she feels like talking to you, spare some minutes to have a chat with your mom. You'll enjoy it and so will she.

I'm gonna take my advice and put it into practice, and get off the computer =) Thanks for your question, it made me think, and once again, how sweet of you to think of your mom, I'm sure she'll appreciate every single thing! Take care :) Good luck, hope I helped xxx
2007-06-13 10:02:21 UTC
If you hate to see her work while you watch TV then get up and help her before you relax. Clean your own room to start and then go from there. Help vacuum, or wipe the counters or anything. She will love it. Give her a day off once in a while as well. Take a Saturday or Sunday (or any day now that it is summer) and you and you dad and your sister do all the work while your mom can go out and get her nails done or shop or go have coffee with a friend.
Michelle
2007-06-10 23:53:23 UTC
WOW! You are one amazing kid to be asking this question! I'm very impressed and proud of you! I hope my kids think this way when they get older. Anyway, here are some ideas...keep your room clean, clean up after yourself, clean the bathroom at least once a week, do the laundry (if you don't know how to, ask for directions the first time), dust, vaccuum, mop, outside work (lawn, gardening, wash the car), feed the pets, offer to do the dishes after dinner, set the table, clean out the fridge, wash the windows, clean the walls...just sit and think about it, look around your house, and see what needs to be done and get up and do it without being told (you may give your mom a heart attack, but she will appreciate it.). Happy helping!
2007-06-11 00:08:44 UTC
The best way for my family to help me is to take care of their selves! Pick up their trash, put their things away, clean up their messes (and always look for them to make sure they get the messes they don't realize they made!). My daughter helps me cook by getting things out of the fridge for me, washing vegetables, stirring something on the stove. My son makes the drinks for dinner and serves them. You help someone the most by doing what they consider help. If you'll only be in the way, get out! That could be helping. Try talking to her at a time when she's not too busy and see if she will teach you to do some things that can help her during the busy times. Have fun and THANK GOD for a good momma! I miss mine so much!!!
pup
2007-06-12 15:41:37 UTC
There are lots of stuff you can help her with. What you can do is always wash your own plate, and your sisters' plates to help her. Moms often feel the ned to do everything, and when you help her go to her to go up in her bedroom and rest or relax. She'll appreciate it...trust me. You can also help her cook, and clean the house when you're not busy with homework. parents like it when you help them in the kitchen, because not only does it give them someone ton talk to but it also helps them do some of it. Just small things are always helpful. If you see something your Mom is doing that you are capable of offer to do it for her so she can do other things that need to get done.
diane33michigan
2007-06-10 23:37:33 UTC
First of all let me say Good for you wanting to help your mom.

It is the little things that moms really like the extra help with, cleans rooms are a good way, they dont have o be perfect but beds made and floor clean. Pick up laundry.

What is the chore your mom hates worse, find out what it is and either help her with it or do it for her. (laundry is my biggest pet peeve because it seems to never done)

Just do some thing without being ask or told is always nice.

I love when my kids help out without being told, it makes me feel like they apppreciate the things I do for them.

Good luck Sweetie
renee70466
2007-06-10 22:58:26 UTC
lucky you my kids all have chores and yes I'm a stay at home mom who also home schools. Just ask her if she needs you to do anything. Even if she doesn't she'll appreciate the offer. Also try to make your bed the moment you get out of it it doesn't have to be perfect but at least pull the blankets back up ad make sure the dirty laundry is in where it belongs instead of on the floor or slung everywhere make sure to put things back where they belong when your through those simple things will make her wonder what's going on and who is this kid if you don't already do them
Hello_Goodbye
2007-06-10 22:59:03 UTC
Okay, well you can tell her that you'll clean your room when you get back from school. Or do a quick 5 mintue clean up before school. ALso, doing little things like fixing your sisters a snack also help her. Or, once you and your sistes finish eating, put your plates away. Put away the dishes. That sort of thing
2007-06-10 22:56:41 UTC
Try offering to help her out. Maybe she feels that she needs to clean the house because women did that for years without any help from their children. Offer to clean the entire house on the weekends so she can get a break and make your bed when you get up for school.
2007-06-11 09:41:35 UTC
keep your room neat, Wash the dishes, if you have very young siblings take care of them for a while. Just ask her if you can help her with something and she'll tell you. Moms feel a lot better when someone helps them. My mom does a lot of house work too.
VICKIE B
2007-06-10 22:59:25 UTC
I AM A MOTHER OF A TEEN AGE GIRL AND I KNOW THAT SHE HELPS ME ALOT BY PICKING UP AFTER HERSELF,CLEANING HER ROOM AND SHE HAS NOW LEARNED HOW TO DO LAUNDRY,FOLD,AND ALSO IRON HER LAUNDRY ,SO THIS IS A BIG HELP TO ME .ALSO BY MAYBE CLEANING THE BATHROOM OR MOPPING THE FLOORS COULD BE HELPFUL. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOUR MOM WANTS IT DONE BEFORE DOING IT THOUGH SHE MAY HAVE A SPECIAL WAY THAT SHE LIKES IT DONE .THIS WILL HELP HER AND NOT CREATE MORE WORK FOR HER.I AM SURE THAT YOUR MOTHER WILL APPRECIATE ANYTHING EXTRA THAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP HER OUT AROUND THE HOUSE.GOOD LUCK!!!!
2007-06-10 22:56:11 UTC
Keep your own room tidy for a start and make sure your sister does as well.What abot you and your sister washing and drying the dishes at night.
Krish
2007-06-10 22:58:30 UTC
well, do some house chores: wash dishes, make the bed, iron clothes, help her in the kitchen
2007-06-10 23:02:16 UTC
Try waking up earlier and start making your bed...she will be happy that you care and that you are growing up to me someone responsible.
connie
2007-06-10 23:37:30 UTC
Just offer to help. Let her know you want to.